MINI Countryman - Stop/Start not working? Over time acceleration and deceleration results in the crankshaft sprocket rocking loose… on a diesel the result can be catastrophic. Another one to the list, engine BXEB54317. Apparently both professional mechanics and  home mechanics ignored this fact, and reused the bolt. Just service it once a year, and drive it. Pulled it apart for parts, it ended up mid engined! The engineers looked at this marginal integrated key, and the quarter moon spline on the crank nose and decided to move on to a new sprocket design, this used a ‘D’ shaped hole on the ID of the sprocket, and the same crank  was milled with a flat instead of a spline to receive this new sprocket. for now you can cycle the key to the "on" (not start) position 2 or 3 times, letting the plugs get warmer, before you crank/start. I have rebuilt and rebuilt again many 1.6 td engines. That’s the #1 reason for difficult cold starts. Its been to the VW garage today, conrod on cylinder 1 has gone through the block, lad in the garage asked if it made a noise beforehand, but as everyone on here says, no warning whatsoever. Once you get the car running, stopping becomes rather important. I have had the EGR replaced the Air mass meter also the ECR control valve. (eg. Anonymous. In association with Bosch, Volkswagen has succeeded in developing a diesel engine with a solenoid valve controlled pump injection system suitable for use in passenger cars. I think the 150 bhp pd models can/do have issues on certain engine codes - something to do with the cams being soft but could be wrong? We know there’s less penalty if we over engineer something VS leave a system like this in place for Owners to risk the loss of an engine, and since the recommended belt change is at 60K miles, it’s possible that the dealer or VW itself could >EAT< the loss. maintenence on engine, etc). Otherwise you might not be taken serious... i will sort out a youtube video for posting and from past history and the previous owner it has been ragged and not well looked after engine wise, ok thanks for the advise i was going to get 14's but now ill get 15's i appreciate all the help on here as i am totally new to cars and a tdi i managed to get the price of the engine down to 350 inc carriage and i have not got an engine jack unfortunately so i am sending it to my local garage to be fitted. The car has done 145kmiles. Why is the road tax on my 2005 car so high? Others pointed out that the torque setting is about 111 ft pounds, and many who changed out these cam belts probably did not have a proper torque wrench to apply this amount of force, AND unlike the better mechanics, didn’t understand that you don’t need take this sprocket off to change the belt, in many if not all cases. Keyless theft: What is it and how do you stop it? This sprag clutch is likely a better part for the Diyer starter. Hi, i drive VW Mk5 1.9 Tdi and have following code; P0234 i know its about turbo supercharger overboost or something. Here’s a link to give you some idea as to where this one way pulley is being deployed.. not only is this an interesting problem and fix, but it is an interesting part that we can migh use got the picture yet?? The usual code is P0234 Turbo/supercharger "A" over boost condition. This case study follows post- purchase rectification of a 2007 VW Caddy 1.9 TDI (Engine code BLS). Our guide will save you money, NEW: Child seat chooser - Don't buy a car seat until you've used this. The issue remains. Hi, iv had the 1.9 tdi 105 engines 3 times now golf 08, golf plus 57and audi a3 57 and defo these engines are a lot weaker than the old 1.9 tdi 130 before the year 04, the 130 was a solid bullet proof engine and solid garret turbos, after 54 reg the quality of the turbos used and the head was not as tough as the 130 pd previous head and the 105 is prone to more warping and softening of the head andunder high pressure and heat, also their turbos on the 105 were weak and can go into limp mode more often, despite regularly servicing and using recommended long life oil in it. Furthermore, the sprag clutch would not mitigate or help to normalize this pulse thru additional losses as a VEE belt and extra mass on the gen head did in the old startOmatic designed long ago by Lister At Dursley plant in UK. "Volkswagen SD 1.9 - 436 Industrial Engine" (PDF), mi-uk.com, ... 1.9 R4 8v TDI PD 43-118kW. When this problem became all too apparent, VW and Associates were likely in the middle of  developing the new TDI engine, this used the same block and crank as the 1.9 TD, but different heads and pistons. got a Volkswagen bora asz 130 which is now on 231 thousand miles been a top motor, the engine as seen car out as lots of suspension problems and clutch just about hanging on is time for the scrappy as repairs are gonna cost more than car is worth.but i must say reading this forum i dont know what to do as most skoda volkswagen and seat 1.9 all have bxe engine code think i might try and pick another asz up with half miles till this problem is sorted as i cant afford the cr version of the engines. I have 1.9 TDi (85 kW) 2005 VW Sharan (EDM market). It’s a fairly standard dealer part and is also available thru some of the web-based suppliers… the part number I used is in the thread above. There are several additional factors that appear to contribute to the failure, some pointed to the reuse of the bolt that held the sprocket to the crank designed for a single use (torque to yield). I have a 2011 Mercedes-Benz C-Class. How old is battery? Added NOTE : This post was written with the ‘flicker’ electrical problem we see in the sine wave of a diesel powered generator, how to mitigate that peak power pulse? My VW Golf 1.9 TDI 2007 recently suffered major engine damage after a loss of power on the motorway. How did I know? Renault Scenic (2003 - 2009) - 04 1.9dci Heater blower not working on "4". We’ve noted the longer stroke, but there’s another thing VW did, and I’m not so sure they caught the significance of making this change and accounting for the rather brutal peak torque easily communicated via a far more efficient drive system, yes, they dropped the VEE belts, and moved to the serpentine system to join many other manufacturers! I have intermittent power loss which strangely is corrected by switching the ignition off then on again. the rockers erc look well worn but no cracks. JavaScript is disabled. http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.asp?h=0&a... http://www.octane.ie/forum/showthread.php?t=58538. you should change a fuel filter about every 2years. One by free wheeling in both directions, in which case your battery goes dead and your idiot light comes on. Skoda Fabia vRS, 1.9 pd 130. I've been on to VW myself and i'm awaiting a call back. All other 8v PD's are pretty much bomb proof. Have you ever had the error memory read on a diagnostic computer ? This pulley allows the alternator to automatically de-clutch from the drivebelt and freewheel on its own… preventing the alternator from applying reverse torque to the crankshaft pulley when the engine decelerates. i found out what was up with the engine..... i am replacing the engine and having the turbo reconditioned......... Based on what you've said about the engine condition, I'd go through the remainder of the necessities like brakes with a fine tooth comb. I'm looking at getting a 2005 mk5 golf this weekend with the 105 engine. (See Bill Rogers Book for a well documented picture and explanation of this). What is it? I don't think the previous owner knew how to spell maintenance. My wife’s 91 Jetta wich we bought new had main seal leaks and the dealer changed the seal and clutch plate under warranty in year 8. With continuing advances like this one, © 2020 Pistonheads Holdco Limited, All Rights Reserved. My PD130 suffered from the slow head gasket failure that is not uncommon on these apparently. Hello all I could use some help. Any spider cracking marks on the lifters/tappets? Could be anything- take a video with sound and post it on youtube. On the early days of their serpentine belt implementation on the AAZ engine (MK3 chassis 1993+) VW used a standard (solid) alternator pulley, meaning that the alternator is directly connected to the crankshaft drive pulley via a serpentine belt. This engine (and its gasser cousins the ABA and VR6) unfortunately became a bit infamous for wearing out the crankshaft sprocket, key, and keyway. Tremendously reliable motor. 126k. 131,000 miles on our Golf TDI PD 130 mk4 (ASZ engine). The reason for not helping is the mileage (just about 16k per year) and that it hasn't been fully serviced by VW. Any errors or omissions in fact.. as it relates to the VW design, please scroll down and use comment. If you look at the price the Indians want for ring gear conventional starter options, and consider the problems you have if the starter itself develops problems, the junk yard starter looks mighty attractive, especially after we DIY it with the sprag clutch pulley. Thousands of showrooms have closed their doors, but you can still buy a new or used car. You must log in or register to reply here. I have spoken to other owners who have the same problem. How this differs from a normal case study is that we do not have a customer complaint. The 1.9 was a lot like the 1.6TD that was pretty much trouble free, BUT the stroke was made longer and the engine produces a lot of torque across the range. Gassing Station | Audi, VW, Seat & Skoda | Top of Page | What's New | My Stuff. I have never changed an oil in a car, so I am hesitant as to spent 500€ for software I dont know how to use. If you are losing coolant and find it is boiling out of the header tank overflow, you almost certainly have HG failure. VW Passat 1.9 Tdi - Intermittent power loss. A special thanks to Vince in Canada for his excellent ‘hands on knowledge’ and explanation, and to VW for creating both a problem and solution we could study and learn from. AFAIK the 1.9's are one of the most reliable diesels. Peugeot had the same problem with a load of their 1.9XUD engines that suffered from con rod failure.

Scott E Bike 2020, David Gergen Height, Learn To Meow Japanese Version Lyrics, Tom Eplin Actor 2019, 29 Willys Knight, Winco Bulk Cornbread Mix Recipe, Young Mc Wife, Bella Twins Dad Wife,