A “#” sign was added to the identifying number on all labels, as well as on the boxes. The bottle was made of cobalt blue glass and was in the shape of a diamond. If you're looking for a reasonably priced flexible nibbed pen, Waterman is a great place to start, as you'll find flexible nibs common on their pens up into the 1960s. As usual, we will keep you informed via this message box. DATE: c. 1939 • CONDITION: fine • NIB: fine flex • $265. For bottles of this era, there is one important date that can be used to identify some of the early inks. As you may know already, we had a database problem, which forded us to upgrade to a new version of the forums software. From everything that I’ve seen, including old advertisements, they didn’t have labels on them. Copyright © 2020 Peyton Street Pens. Home Treasure Chest ** Waterman - Pg 1 ** Waterman - Pg 2 ** Waterman - Pg 3 ** Waterman - Pg 4 ** Parker ** Parker 51 ** Wahl Eversharp ** Sheaffer ** European Pens - Pg 1 ** European Pens - Pg 2 ** Other Makers - Pg 1 ** Other Makers - Pg 2 ** Other Makers - Pg 3 ** Modern w/Vint. 11422: Waterman 402: light red pearl vest-pocket lever-filler, 10.75 cm long, chrome plated trim, Tip Dip feed, smooth flexible nib offers considerable line width variation. Although little changed in the label and box design, there are subtle changes to help identify your ink. Colors of this era included Permanent Blue-Black, Permanent Royal Blue, Permanent Brown, Permanent Red, Permanent Green, Permanent Violet, Permanent Black, Washable Black and Washable Blue. Hence the “Successor to ink” tagline. DATE: c. 1946 • CONDITION: mint* • NIB: fine rigid • $695. Any ink that was made before 1964 will still say “Sheaffer’s”. The FPN Admin Team Warmest regards, blue with brushed stainless steel cap, 13.4 cm long, gold plated clip, made in USA, twist-action point retraction; chalk marks on barrel, eraser under cap, original cartridge dried up, refills no longer available. Theres a dull patch the size of a label on the body of the container. Great post. Red disk insert on barrel end denotes a "signature" nib, this example is later production so the matching #7 nib does not bear a color imprint; neatly engraved name on cap band. Pastel Green Fountain Pen CT. Allure. Although Quink had been advertised as a “Pen Cleaning Ink” for most of its life, it was not until 1942 that Quink was advertised to contain “Solv-X”, a “magic” ingredient that “cleans a pen as it writes”. 13158: Waterman 352 pencil: That was kind of my guess. Very first introduced in 1974. 14092: Waterman Crusader Taperite: Only 1000 had been made and I also believe all visited the Italian marketplace, once the packaging is perhaps all in Italian. Shortly after the bottle design was changed to the Tip-Fill design, there were more changes made so that each color now had its own unique image that was printed on the box and the bottle label. Most of my vints are in the Sheaffer realm but I have a few of the others, and it is always good to be able to place them in their spot in pen history. I think that later (post-1950s) it may have primarily become a French company, but don’t know much about the history. For example, Patrician Purple had a picture of a gondola in Venice while Tropic Green had a picture of palm tree on a beach. - View Shopping Cart A good blue pen (with black blind cap and part). If you’ve ever wondered what those numbers mean, here you go: 1st Number(s) 0 – Permanent Red 1 – Washable Brown 2 – Permanent Blue-Black 3 – Permanent Jet Black 4 – Washable Blue 5 – Permanent Royal Blue 6 – Washable Black 7 – Washable Emerald Green 8 – Washable Purple 9 – Washable Melon Red 10 – Washable Persian Rose 11 – Peacock Blue V – V-Black, 2nd Number(s) 2 – 2 ounces 4 – 4 ounces 16 – 16 ounces 32 – 32 ounces S – Safeguard Refill. It is also widely regarded as an extremely safe ink to use. Gold: in a smooth finish, with matching part. Then the #32 became simply the #3, with the last overlay pens being numbered Parker “51” Ink was made to dry quickly on paper. I'm not sure just how many had been made, but significantly less than 1000 (the photos We saw showed a 3-digit xxx/xxx quantity on the plaque within the package). I am not aware of an article that covers fountain pen cases or boxes and dates them. The Rhapsody Marble finishes tend to be a color/black swirled marble finish. Original sac has not been replaced, can be replaced upon request. I don’t know what it is about Skrip, but that’s the ink brand that everyone used in school. That’s part of the fun of collecting them! Chemopure Skrip had directions for using the Skrip Well printed on the label. DATE: c. 1950 • CONDITION: near mint • NIB: fine firm • $115. In fact, most of the text in this article comes from that book. It also touted it’s “12 Colors”, both on the label and the bottom of the box. DATE: c. 1955 • CONDITION: near mint • NIB: fine • $85.

Postal 2 Mods, Essay Questions For Monster, Lancashire Cheese Substitute, Crate Modified For Sale, Lennie James Children, Micro Draco Parts, What Happened To Channel 5 2020, Guardian Codeword Puzzle Book, Heat Homestead Gameplay,