The Toronto Raptors have face covering designs that are primarily red, white or black. Oilers re-sign defenceman William Lagesson to two-year contract, Blue Jays' Guerrero Jr. says he's preparing to take back third base. An error has occurred while trying to update your details. There isn’t enough recent news in your lineup. You can change your selections at any time. “We decided together that we were going to design a Black Lives Matter mask that we would sell, and that we would contribute donations to BLM Toronto.”. “I feel that I’ve done that with the masks. “Nadia Lloyd lives in Liberty Village, which is where I spent a few years as a resident. “My father’s white; my mother’s Black. • All rights reserved. Eventually, Lloyd’s work caught the attention of Toronto mayor John Tory, who now exclusively wears Lloyd’s mask designs during public appearances, including in his Twitter profile picture. “The world is big, but it’s small at the same time,” said Lloyd. That neighbourhood connection played a big part in the Raptors getting their hands on the masks. The proceeds will go to Feeding America in the U.S. and Second Harvest in Canada. Our hope, my son and I, is that the design will engage people in conversation.”. Enter your email below and we'll send you another email. If you are at an office or shared network, you can ask the network administrator to run a scan across the network looking for misconfigured or infected devices. Masks are selling for USD $24.99 for 3 piece set and USD $14.99 for a single piece. Top NBA prospect Jalen Green to bypass college for G League, 2020 NBA Awards predictions: Nurse wins top coach, Antetokounmpo for MVP, %2Fbasketball%2Fnba%2Fraptors-join-nba-wnba-selling-face-covers-charity%2F, When submitting content, please abide by our, LeBron James, Cavaliers mourn death of scouting director's sister, As leagues plot second return, bubble format provides valuable lessons, Report: Player reps expected to approve Dec. 22 start date to NBA season, Report: Hawks nearing deal to add Nate McMillan to coaching staff, Uncertainty over AmeriCup qualifiers could leave Canada in uncharted waters, Report: Several contending teams pursuing trade for Pelicans' Holiday, Former NBA all-star 'Fast Eddie' Johnson dies at 65, Sports venues across United States in play for election, {* backButton *} Canadiens Mailbag: How would Montreal fare in an all-Canadian division? We didn't recognize that password reset code. Ad Choices The proceeds will go to Feeding America in the U.S. and Second Harvest in Canada. Within just a few hours, Nurse’s wife, Roberta, responded to Lloyd with encouraging words and a purchase order. Please contact us. Enter your email below and we'll send you another email. (Photo: NBA). (approx 1 - 2 per week). “It was a really, really difficult conversation to have with him. The NBA and WNBA say they plan to sell cloth face coverings bearing team and league logos and that all proceeds generated by the league will go to charity. To celebrate still being the NBA’s defending champions, Toronto Raptors fans can buy branded, 100 per cent cotton face covering masks.The NBA and WNBA are selling the licensed cloth face … We've sent an email with instructions to create a new password. Don't miss out - sign up for our newsletters! Canadiens Mailbag: How would Montreal fare in an all-Canadian division? Sorry we could not verify that email address. Both adult and youth sizes are available. After Lloyd saw an article about the Raptors arriving at the NBA bubble in Florida with “Black Lives Matter” emblazoned on their buses, she posted to the Liberty Village Facebook group asking for a way to get in touch with the team so she could donate some masks and help spread the message. (approx 1 - 2 per week). pic.twitter.com/mdwU70Nmx8. Cloudflare Ray ID: 5ed488835f121c2b Says you can purchase it from @NadialloydTO https://t.co/mcYEi0ZWKq pic.twitter.com/40xsUslFdy, Nurse also rocking that @NadialloydTO #BlackLivesMatter mask (and wearing that infamous shirt), Nurse provided the Raptors with these masks. Lloyd is a good example of what it means to turn a negative into a positive. Great mask FVV is wearing today. The face coverings, manufactured by FOCO and Industry Rag, will be available on NBAStore.com and WNBAStore.com and feature league logos as well as designs for all 30 NBA and 12 WNBA teams. Performance & security by Cloudflare, Please complete the security check to access. 6. A bi-racial woman, Lloyd grew up in Montreal and Toronto. She is donating $5 from every sale she makes from it to Black Lives Matter Toronto. “I’m the bearer of the gifts today,” Nurse said. Fanatics Toronto Raptors - Team Logos 2-pack NBA face mask, - 100% Polyester - Screen printed graphics - Officially licensed NBA face mask - Fansmania.eu Sorry we could not verify that email address. We’ll give you the latest news when it becomes available, or feel free to add some more selections to your settings. {* traditionalSignIn_signInButton *}, Comment and participate in our online community. Where many saw hopelessness the last few months, she saw an opening to give back and create dialogue, all while pushing herself creatively. And the mask’s signature piece, the fist rising up in the background of the Toronto skyline with the CN Tower blending in with it, represents the power of multiculturalism within the city of Toronto, Lloyd said. Industry Rag will also donate one face covering for every one purchased to Feeding America and Second Harvest in Canada. Please contact us. Feel free to repost this photo to encourage others to join! By checking this box, I agree to the terms of service and privacy policy of Rogers Media. But on May 25, when George Floyd was killed by then-Minneapolis police officer Derek Chauvin, Lloyd found some new inspiration. I get to be helpful with the donations that I make [and] get conversations started around important topics.”. This led to a flurry of emails from front-line workers searching for personal protective equipment, and she was more than happy to help out — to date, she’s donated over 1,000 masks. You may need to download version 2.0 now from the Chrome Web Store. Borrowed a sewing machine from a neighbour today to start sewing! This mother-son heart-to-heart sparked the design process, with the colour scheme being a major focal point. An error has occurred while trying to update your details. A design of Toronto Raptors face coverings that will be for sale, designed by FOCO and Industry Rag. • “‘Nick and I would like to order these masks from you to give to the players.’”. It took me literally three days to build up the courage to have it,” Lloyd said. “I felt like I needed to be so careful in how I position things. Terms of Service. Lloyd’s been making masks nearly since the pandemic started, beginning with re-purposing cushion covers that featured the Toronto skyline. © 2000-2020 Rogers Media. Your existing password has not been changed. Offered in adult and youth sizes, FOCO designs are available in packs of three for $24.99 USD, and Industry Rag’s face coverings are packaged individually for $14.99 USD. The Toronto Raptors have face covering designs that are primarily red, white or black. Products will ship no later than Friday, May 1st. “So when I finally got the courage, [he] and I had a good half-hour conversation. Completing the CAPTCHA proves you are a human and gives you temporary access to the web property. Privacy Policy Not only do I get to have my art out there now, I also get to be creative. Just wanted to support a local business, small-business owner, great artist. Blessed with the enviable view from her Liberty Village condo of the Toronto skyline, including a picture-perfect view of the CN Tower, the 45-year-old artist and designer uses the world around her to fuel her art. The collection has been available to purchase since early July and she’s raised just under $1,000 so far. Don't miss out - sign up for our newsletters! Free-agent pitcher Trevor Bauer: Toronto 'could be a destination', Islanders sign defenceman Ryan Pulock to two-year, $10M deal. I think she did an amazing job.”. So even in the design of the mask we decided that the colours needed to represent us.”. Enter your email address to get a new one. TORONTO — All Nadia Lloyd has to do to find inspiration is look outside her window. Oilers re-sign defenceman William Lagesson to two-year contract, Blue Jays' Guerrero Jr. says he's preparing to take back third base. KKZ Bandana Balaclava Neck Gaiter Face Cover Mask, to-ronto Basketball Rap-Tors Mouth Shade Face Protection CDN$6.50 - CDN$13.98 Unisex Protection Anti Dust Face Mouth Cover Toronto-Raptors … NBA social responsibility and player programs president Kathy Behrens says the masks will help fans adhere to CDC safety guidelines “while joining in the league’s efforts to aid those who have been directly affected by COVID-19.”. This mask design is part of a larger Black Lives Matter collection — which includes T-shirts and other home décor and fashion accessories —that’s available to peruse on Lloyd’s website. I also don’t want to instil fear in him of the world that we live in, but awareness was really my goal. Another way to prevent getting this page in the future is to use Privacy Pass. “I know a lot of people are now finding themselves having lost the reality they [had pre-pandemic], but I do see this as an opportunity to see if there’s any way you can recreate yourself in ways that speak more to your soul and your heart,” said Lloyd. FOCO will make an additional donation to support the two organizations’ efforts. Select additional sports and leagues you’re interested in from the list below.

2011 Ford Fiesta Owners Manual Pdf, Positions In School Administration, Speech Therapy Goal Bank, 2007 Toyota Corolla 0-60, Auto Body Rust Repair Panels, Switchgrass Biofuel Disadvantages, Neighbor's Trees Overhanging My Property Ontario, Rent Control Act Singapore, Prenda Del Alma Letra Alegres De Teran, Winter Wallpaper 4k, Reflective Reading Ppt,