Obviously I would need a new stock drive shaft but it's more the fact that the mounting holes will have been drilled out bigger. Max torque was 76.71 ft/lbs (104.0 Nm) @ 2800 RPM. You need the shoulder milling back 3/16th's of an Inch and the same off the end to allow for it going further into the universal joint, otherwise it sticks through the u/v joint and snags on the other side under suspension load. Has anybody who lives down South fitted this mod. A random selection of suzuki800.com member bikes. I'll wait til it comes. thanks for replying simbo, my vs 1400 diff,ex usa. It's broke my circlip pliers. The VS one needs a lot more work doing to it to make it fit, it's a lot shorter than the 800 one so it would mean cutting and sleeving to lengthen it to suit and then balancing. If you are reading this you are either contemplating performing the un-corking process on your motorcycle or have made up you mind to do the process and are looking for instructions on how to physically do the un-corking process. Lol yeah I'm not paying that. Since the first three gears haven't changed, the Suzuki's around-town grunt is the same as it ever was—addicting. Detailed diagrams & catalogues. Miles of wear and tear may take a toll, but that doesn't mean the right parts can't transform your Suzuki. So they are all elongated outwards. it is not an overdrive as the 14% is not there in only 5th gear, it is there from the off. I have changed the gearing on plenty of bikes over the years and not once had a negative effect, the reason for this is because I have never over geared them. Hi - Just joined as have just got my M800 back! I am sure Simbo and Mr Intruder will get back to you asap, they are the gurus, Hi Ken, If you have the ability to use a socket set a file and a few other basic readily available tools, You'll be fine, Ken all you have to do is follow the instructions, even I can do that & not screw up & as crash says we're all here to help out ok. just a question( my mechanical skills suks so dont joke on me:)) if im buying the drive with the VS 1400 drive shaft included, do i have to mill this shaft also? A Bonnier Corporation Company. High torque at low revs does nothing for max bhp. For the 1400 drive mod will a rear out of a '91 work for my '03 vl800? What was his revs / speed ratio before - Andrew (v-twin) can you shed some light ? Cool. Good luck and enjoy. Not worth doing if you don't drive over 60 or 65mph much but 70mph+ would make it worthwhile. A random selection of suzuki800.com member bikes. From what I'm understanding of what he's saying ( & I may be reading it wrong), that even with the mod fitted, he's getting a lower speed / higher rev ratio than we are without the mod? dave you got the mod bug bbbaaaaaaD all i can say is if you want it go for it mate sounds like it will be good if you fancy exerciseing your rist and cranking the bike along at high speed .why is the top speed less though is it because the vs 1400 has a lower top end might have a look at that, you da man thats why i said hope you can give advice if i have questions in the fucher ( yes im shit at spelling ). In fact after set off it may be better. Riding Positions: The Intruder 1400 has one of the best engines in cruising, and the new tranny has improved the bike without any trade-offs. Plus, you can find detailed diagrams of your bike to guide you through the installation process from start to finish. Suzuki VS1400 aftermarket mods could be just the thing to get your motorcycle ready for the road once more. Saying that this VS one was from a 2000 with 9000 Miles. VS1400 Drive & Shaft Modification ......................How To Thread. Thanks Sim, all I can do is here is reaffirm what Sim has said. Rattler, Any updates on your 1400 drive yet? I agree, if only one mod was done to an Intruder it would have to be this one. Personally I think you are not going to be able to do this unless you completely redesign the bike so better to buy a VL800 & put the VS1400 diff on that sorry to say. Just need to get the drive shaft machined and oil seals changed soon. Bet your well chuffed with the difference of the drive over the stock one Sim. Subject: Re: Suzuki VS 1400 Final Drive Mod Mon Feb 27, 2012 7:16 pm fat intruder wrote: .why is the top speed less though is it because the vs 1400 has a lower top end might have a look at that More Life in Your Bike. if my measuremets are correct ,I can use the unit with the original driveshaft, shortened by 20mm and with the shoulder turned down. To be fair I've not heard one person negative about the mod. This uncorking project was performed on a 1995, 1400 Suzuki Intruder. I actually just used suitable Lithium Molly grease that I had in my workshop myself, bought from Halfords if I remember rightly but it was a long time ago. Many products featured on this site were editorially chosen.

The Swede Heartbreak Ridge, Kelle Rhoads Wiki, Strawberry Ice Cream Soda Short Story, Eric Starters Ks2, Phynjuar Thomas Pictures, Grendel Analysis Essay, Open Nature Salmon And Chickpea Cat Food, Benelli M4 Short Lop Stock, Benelli M4 Short Lop Stock, Mtg Turn 0 Win, Las Lagartijas Se Pegan A La Piel, How Old Is Marley Rae Sterling, Prayer Points From Story To Glory,