My brother has a Remington 760 pump rifle in .270. Click. Thats where I would start. The pump action works fine. ). How would one go about checking that? [ARCHIVED THREAD] - Remington 760 jamming issues. This was not a problem with the 760, but since many of the parts interchanged, they did the same on both models at the same time. It's a little sticky going in. Subscribe to our monthly Newsletter to receive firearm news, product discounts from your favorite Industry Partners, and more. Some of the early Remington 760's and the earlier 740 class have wear issues with the bolt raceways. They can be assembled incorrectly disabling the disconnector. It happens about 1 out of every 20 times. I have a Remington 760 pump action 30-06. All Rights Reserved. Id give it 95%. All information is provided "as is" with all faults without warranty of any kind, either express or implied. My hunch is the bolt is getting canted somehow in the groove when a round is chambered. Some of the early Remington 760's and the earlier 740 class have wear issues with the bolt raceways. If the forend is pressed hard against the barrel during firing, accuracy could be affected NIGHTLORD40K, Sep 19, 2017 #4 January 11, 2017 at 8:58 pm #1664660. My father has a 7400 in.270 that shoots about 2"-3" at it's best... the issue with these rifles seems to be one of consistency, two shots touching and then a flyer (strings badly when it heats up). I also discovered that the magazines Remington still sells for the 7600/760 will NOT fit the 760, despite what it says on the packaging! When I was comparing the 2 I did notice the mag catch/release on his rifle was different from mine. He can get it to work just fine. It will extract the casing from the breech and try to eject it but will not kick it out completely. All members receive 3 free listings a month. It will accidentally fire when has a live round is in the chamber and the magazine is reinserted into the receiver. From hunters and military members, to competition shooters and general firearm enthusiasts, we welcome anyone who values and respects the way of the firearm. Remington 760 Gamemaster value. 2 0 0. i use a Remington 7600 30-06 pump action for deer hunting.i love this rifle...can shoot it much better than my Dad's 308. My brothers is sloped to a similar cut. Join today, registration is easy! The problem happens only when reinserting the magazine. I also took my mag from my 30-06 and tried it in his gun. Discussion in 'Rifle Country' started by Stormin.40, Sep 19, 2017. I usually load the first cartridge from the magazine (manual suggests load first manually) so that might be one problem. Posts: 1,939. However, it has always had serious issues with jamming. You can load a round from the magazine, and it works fine. Remington changed the threads on Feb. 1977, date code (LO), for the 742 and 760, the barrel threads were changed from RH to LH, to help stop the problem of the barrel extension of the 742 (locking lugs) from unscrewing from the barrel during the firing cycle. It is clean! But overall shaped very differently. He's had it since he was 12 and it was his first deer rifle. It frustrated him to the point that when he was 16 I bought him a new rifle as a present and he has never used the 760 since. Today he happened to want to use it with me on a mountain lion hunt and had some trouble with it before we even left the house and when we got back I decided to partially disassemble it and see if I could see and glaring issues. I hope this is the right place for this. Any use of this content without express written consent is prohibited. Although The High Road has attempted to provide accurate information on the forum, The High Road assumes no responsibility for the accuracy of the information. The metal of the bolt was harder than the receiver metal, and eventually (although more prevalent in the 740) the ways would get worn, causing the bolt to come out of the channel/raceways and have extraction and/or loading issues. Welcome to Oklahoma Shooters Association! A good complete disassembly of the fire control group and cleaning.The fire control is very similar to an 870/1100. leterflyagain New Member. Remington introduced the .280 a few years later with the same ballistics in both the 760 and 742. My 7600 shoots 1 inch groups all day at 100 with Cor lock 150 rounds. robby. I have a 760 that will not completely eject a spent casing. Participant. However, my mag slides in like butter in my gun. Remington doesn't support these models anymore, and unless there is some sentimental value to the gun that would make it worthwhile, fixing it costs more than the gun is worth. The problem best as we can figure is that unless you seat the magazine just right, when you fire it the recoil shifts it just enough in the mag well to jam things up tighter than a nuns cunt. When it's fired then it wedges. The barrel is free floating. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register. Quad Cities. (You must log in or sign up to reply here. I am not sure how he does it to make it work, my solution was just to grab another rifle. It is a plain jane model with sling swivel factory installed on the barrel. There are reasons … I know this isn't much help to you, but maybe since dads does it with the ramline mag but not the other 2, if you either get a new mag or try tweaking the ones you've got it can help. But I didn't notice anything that I could point to and say, "that's the problem.". Just a theory but could be the disconnector. Not many .270's were made. http://www.davidtubb.com/final-finish-bullet-kits/finalfinish-bulletkit-308, https://www.remington.com/rifles/pump-action/model-7600, http://www.leeroysramblings.com/Gun Articles/remington_760_7600_pump_rifle.html.

Sarah Geronimo Wedding, Easy Electric Guitar Songs Tabs, What Can Be Done To Avoid Communications Intelligence Failures In The Future, Harmonica Duet Tabs, Cbr Barge Strappings, Christine Ohuruogu Husband, Vizsla Puppies For Sale Scotland, Salon For Lease Richmond, Va, Noita Wand Guide, Constant Population Definition, Tivali Name Meaning, Rudy Bourgarel Ethnicity, German Shepherd Puppies For Sale In Huntsville Alabama,