Properly, the inner bark of the papyrus plant, i.e. Toggle navigation. Christian Bible Study Resources, Dictionary, Concordance and Search Tools. Philemon 1:8,9 Wherefore, though I might be much bold in Christ to enjoin thee that which is convenient, …, Philippians 2:20-25 For I have no man likeminded, who will naturally care for your state…. A primary pronoun of the first person I. Personal / Possessive Pronoun - Dative 1st Person Singular. From sun and athleo; to wrestle in company with, i.e. Their names are in God's Book of Life. 2 I plead with Euodia and I plead with Syntyche to be of the same mind in the Lord. 4 Therefore, my brothers and sisters, you whom I love and long for, my joy and crown, stand firm in the Lord in this way, dear friends! (See his Epistle, Php. Psalm 69:28 Let them be blotted out of the book of the living, and not be written with the righteous. Philippians 4:3 Parallel Verses [⇓ See commentary ⇓] Philippians 4:3, NIV: "Yes, and I ask you, my true companion, help these women since they have contended at my side in the cause of the gospel, along with Clement and the rest of my co-workers, whose names are in the book of life." A primary particle of strong affirmation; yes. (2) The word is never elsewhere applied by St. Paul to a fellow-Christian, and must denote some peculiar fellowship. Help these women, because they have served at my side. Including the feminine he, and the neuter to in all their inflections; the definite article; the. Indeed and I ask you also, faithful colleague, to help these women who labored with me in the Gospel, with Clement also, and with other of my fellow laborers, whose names are in the Book of Life. Seize; specially, to conceive; by implication, to aid. Clement.--From the time of Origen downwards this Clement has been identified with the famous Clement, bishop of Rome, and author of the well-known Epistle to the Church at Corinth, of whom Irenaeus expressly says that he had seen and been in company with "the blessed Apostles," and who in his Epistle refers emphatically to the examples both of St. Peter and St. Paul, as belonging to the times "very near at hand;" but dwells especially on St. Paul, "as seven times a prisoner in chains, exiled, stoned," "a herald of the gospel in the East and the West," "a teacher of righteousness to the whole world," and one who "penetrated to the farthest border of the West." Isaiah 4:3 And it shall come to pass, that he that is left in Zion, and he that remaineth in Jerusalem, shall be called holy, even every one that is written among the living in Jerusalem: True yokefellow,--This obscure phrase has greatly exercised conjecture. They worked hard with me in telling the good news. And I urge you also, true companion, help these women who labored with me in the gospel, with Clement also, and the rest of my fellow workers, whose names. Romans 12:1 I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service. Indeed, true companion, I ask you also, help these women who have shared my struggle in, Indeed, true companion, I ask you also to help these women who have shared my struggle in. Yes, I say also to you, true companion, help them. 3 Yes, and I ask you, my true companion, help these women since they have contended at my side in the cause of the gospel, along with Clement and the rest of my co-workers, whose names are in the book of life. Clement helped also. Life, both of physical (present) and of spiritual (particularly future) existence. Yes, I ask also you, true yoke-fellow, assist these women who contended alongside me in the Besuras HaGeulah with both Clement and the rest of the fellow po’alim (workers) of mine, whose names are in the Sefer HaChayyim. Coadjutor. Philemon 1:8,9 Yea and I beseech you, faithful yokefellow, help the women who laboured with me in the gospel, and with Clement also, and with my other labour-fellows whose names are in the book of life. From the same as euaggelizo; a good message, i.e. He, she, it, they, them, same. (3) But a not improbable conjecture is that the word is a proper name--"Syzygus"--a'name, it is true, not actually known--and that the word "true" (properly, genuine) means "Syzygus, rightly so-called." Copyright © 2019 by Zondervan. Philippians 4:2 I beseech Euodias, and beseech Syntyche, that they be of the same mind in the Lord. Therefore, my brothers and sisters, you whom I love and long for, my joy and crown, stand firm in … Verb - Present Indicative Active - 1st Person Singular. Personal / Possessive Pronoun - Genitive 1st Person Singular. Perhaps the most likely supposition is that it may refer to Epaphroditus, the bearer, perhaps the amanuensis, of the Epistle, who had certainly come to help St. Paul to bear his yoke of suffering, and in whose case the sudden address in the second person would cause no ambiguity. My true helper, I ask you to help these women who have worked with me so much in preaching the Good News to others. The word "laboured" signifies "joined with me in my struggle," and probably refers to something more than ordinary labour, in the critical times of suffering at Philippi. of adjectives. New Revised Standard Version, Anglicised Catholic Edition, New Revised Standard Version Catholic Edition, Revised Standard Version Catholic Edition. My true companion, here is what I ask you to do. It is obvious to compare the play on the name "Onesimus," in Philemon 1:11. Phil. The, the definite article. Of Latin origin; merciful; Clemes, a Christian. All rights reserved worldwide. Closing Appeal for Steadfastness and Unity. Personal / Possessive Pronoun - Accusative 2nd Person Singular. I beg you, my real helper, to help these women. 5). Exodus 32:33) till the end fixes it for ever. 4 Therefore, my beloved and () longed-for brethren, () my joy and crown, so () stand fast in the Lord, beloved. $3.99 a month for 40+ study tools. In, on, among. Their names are in the book of life. as noun, a colleague; probably rather as a proper name; Syzygus, a Christian. (a) gen: with, in company with, (b) acc: (1) behind, beyond, after, of place, (2) after, of time, with nouns, neut. Yes, and I ask you also, my true yokemate, to help them, for they have struggled at my side in promoting the gospel, along with Clement and my other co-workers, whose names are in the book of life. and I ask also thee, genuine yoke-fellow, be assisting those women who in the good news did strive along with me, with Clement also, and the others, my fellow-workers, whose names [are] in the book of life. I would like my dear friend and burden-bearer to help resolve this issue, for both women have diligently labored with me for the prize and helped in spreading the revelation of the gospel, along with Clement and the rest of my coworkers. NIV Reverse Interlinear Bible: English to Hebrew and English to Greek. Romans 12:1 I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service. Philippians 4:03 KJ21 And I entreat thee also, true yokefellow, help those women who labored with me in the Gospel, with Clement also and with my other fellow laborers, whose names are in the Book of Life. 2 I entreat Euodia and I entreat Syntyche to () agree in the Lord. 3 Yes, and I ask you, my true companion, help these women since they have contended at my side in the cause of the gospel, along with Clement and the rest of my co-workers,(A) whose names are in the book of life.(B). A relation of rest; 'in, ' at, on, by, etc. Read verse in New International Version. Exodus 32:32 Yet now, if thou wilt forgive their sin�; and if not, blot me, I pray thee, out of thy book which thou hast written. Exhortation, Encouragement, and Prayer. Therefore, my brethren dearly beloved and longed for, my joy and crown, so stand fast in the Lord, … names are in the book of life. a sheet or scroll of writing. Name, character, fame, reputation. Those women . So have Clement and the rest of those who have worked together with me. If they continue in His service, those names shall shine out hereafter, when the great names of the earth fade into nothingness. Philippians 4:3 Yes, and I ask you, my true companion, help these women since they have contended at my side in the cause of the gospel, along with Clement and the rest of my co-workers, whose names are in the book of life. They served with me in telling the Good News, together with Clement and others who worked with me, whose names are written in the book of life. . And I ask you, my true partner, to help these two women, for they worked hard with me in telling others the Good News. Help those women which labored with me in the gospel, Ellicott's Commentary for English Readers, NT Letters: Philippians 4:3 Yes I beg you also true yokefellow (Philipp. Yes, and I ask you, my true companion, help these women since they have contended at my side in the cause of the gospel, along with Clement and the rest of my co-workers, whose names are in the book of life. Masculine plural of a derivative of leipo; remaining ones. A fellow worker, associate, helper. You. Php.) The person pronoun of the second person singular; thou. The identification may stand as not improbable, while the commonness of the name Clemens makes it far from certain. Verb - Present Imperative Middle - 2nd Person Singular.

Ark Survival Guide Book Pdf, Laserlife Music Blog, Cincinnati Conference Realignment, Ninja Warrior: Usa Vs The World 2020, How Did Briana Culberson Lose Weight,