Look out for a Sidney Jones and Avonte Maddox piece in the future …. The second-year receiver finished with five catches for 61 yards, so it wasn’t a complete shutout. Sweat played in two games for them in 2014. He finished his second season with the fourth-most sacks (career-high 4.0) and TFLs (career-high eight, tied) on the Eagles' defense. He also uses his long arms to hit quarterbacks as they are releasing the ball and slow down ball carriers. To summarize his strengths very quickly, I would say Sweat is an outstanding athlete who has rare movement skills. Sweat is not the same. The tackle can’t compete with Sweat’s arm length and Sweat is able to drive him backwards. Although Sweat is a very promising pass rusher, he is still quite raw and has some plays where he struggles to do much. Slay, who was acquired from Detroit in a trade, followed Washington speedster Terry McLaurin all over the formation in Week 1. [7], At the 2018 NFL Combine, Sweat ranked first among defensive linemen in 40-yard dash and vertical jump. Latest on DE Josh Sweat including news, stats, videos, highlights and more on NFL.com The Eagles might want to consider giving a game ball to Josh Sweat. Had a small blurb about Josh Sweat. Have fun and respect each other! The third-year edge rusher played … Take a look at some examples below. I really like the above play. Josh Sweat (born March 29, 1997) is an American football defensive end for the Philadelphia Eagles of the National Football League (NFL). Despite this, I do think Sweat will be a very productive 3rd down pass rusher and this role can be vital for a defense. In all of these examples he sort of jumps at the same time as swatting the offensive tackle but it never works. I must be honest; I have not seen this very much before and I never saw it actually work for Sweat. Sweat had the build of a really tall, muscular tight end when he was drafted. Sweat exploded through Washington’s offensive line early in Sunday’s disappointing 27-17 loss to record a strip-sack on Dwayne Haskins. ESPN+ Fantasy Tools: Play Like an Expert, Even If You Aren’t. If I had to pick, I think Sweat will probably end up as a rotational defensive end rather than a full-time player due to his lack of power in the run game. Powered by. Philadelphia Eagles news and links for 11/5/20. Sweat uses his arms to frequently disengage with lineman and to stop them getting their hands on his pads in the first place. [1] After graduating high school, Sweat committed to the Michigan State Spartans. Franks was waived during the Bengals final roster cut. Show full articles without "Continue Reading" button for {0} hours. So, I just posted all that good stuff… why is Sweat not starting then? As a freshman in 2015, Sweat played 12 games with 41 tackles, 5 sacks, an interception, 2 passes defended, and 3 fumble recoveries. Eagles to sign TE Jordan Franks to their practice squad. !”, READ NEXT: Browns Top Pick Jedrick Wills Reveals New Jersey Number, Surprising Eagles Pass Rusher Grades Out Better Than Aaron Donald, Copyright © 2020 Heavy, Inc. All rights reserved. On January 4, 2018, Sweat announced that he would forgo his senior year and enter the draft. Overall, I hope Sweat does get a lot more snaps as I believe Sweat has a higher upside than Barnett as he is better off the line of scrimmage, uses his arms better and simply put is a better athlete. He's close with both his mom and dad, and he treasures his time with them. He played college football at Mississippi State and was drafted by Washington, then known as the Redskins, in … I think the biggest issue is his inconsistency against the run. Let’s get this straight right now!! However, that doesn’t mean he can’t do it. He also has some snaps where he looks really raw and needs to clean up his technique. Whatever it is, he needs to work on it because it didn’t work last year when he used it.

Bridgestone Tyre Near Me, 2008 Pontiac G5 Engine Light On, Traxxas Rustler Painted Body, Ningbo University Csc Scholarship 2020 Deadline, The Smiths Complete Vinyl Box Set, Amazon Revenue Model, List Of Missouri Conservation Areas, Neunaber Immerse Mkii Reverb, The Tuskegee Airmen Full Movie, Meriton Suites Sussex Street, Platform Independent Means In Java,