I think the story is well-written and developed, the animation is wildly imaginative, and the characters are amusingly eccentric. And i love that about the film. And, you know what, it works for me. You're almost there! It will work, as long as Jack follows the rules, mainly not falling in love. | Rating: 2.5/4 Animation fans will find much to enjoy...Those who nitpick at logic will find so many threads to pull apart that they'll be as cold as Jack by the end. And now Jack will live...as long as he observes three golden rules: 1 - He must never touch the hands of the clock. |. Rich with imagination and a pure pleasure to watch. Cinemark | Rotten (3). He looks like a snowflake with clock hands sticking out. But, and this is THE biggest negative in the film, there's two raps done by the boy who bullies Jack, who looks like if Edward from Twilight had an eye patch. Copyright © Fandango. Nobody really watched it unfortunately, hopefully it will change. Even while wearing its obvious, name-dropped influences on its sleeve, Jack and the Cuckoo-Clock Heart feels original in the sincerity of its magic. Parents Guide. |, January 7, 2018 Here are a few more to browse. |, September 22, 2014 Here we go! But it's genuinely a good ending. Eccentric with some striking design touches, but humorless and heartless. This is worth watching. |, March 17, 2014 |, October 6, 2014 |, September 26, 2014 And your cuckoo-clock heart # Grind to a halt for good # No, little ice cube, I'm not your mother, even if I wish I were. Your AMC Ticket Confirmation# can be found in your order confirmation email. I realize it may not have the big, catchy song like Frozen did, but I found, with the exception of the aforementioned raps, that this film had more enjoyable songs than Frozen. The image is an example of a ticket confirmation email that AMC sent you when you purchased your ticket. Coming Soon. 2 - He must master his anger. But, other than that truly terrible display of rapping skills, the music in this film is actually pretty damn good. His heart frozen when he's born on the coldest day in history, young Jack gets a second chance at life when the brilliant Doctor Madeleine replaces it with a magical clock. Imaginative steampunk musical is too dark for little kids. |, May 2, 2019 Ow. Like I said, I may not have given it a higher rating, but I really liked this movie and it's really one of the sleeper animated films of the year. The basement of the mountain is mine! Ready to move onto another story? Forgot your password? Jack only wants to see Miss Acacia again and eventually meets up with Georges Méliès , a magician attempting to operate an early film camera. They won't be able to see your review if you only submit your rating. Edinburgh, late 19th century. The film is at once enabled and hindered by its utter strangeness, an intrinsic quality surely exacerbated in its English-language release. Plot Keywords By creating an account, you agree to the Privacy Policy In order to keep it ticking Jack must follow three simple rules: never touch the hands; keep his anger under control; and never fall in love. The problem is that this voice actor is probably the worst possible rapper you've ever seen. I really liked the animated style, it's very uniquely French. But fall in love he does, to a bespectacled young street performer, Miss Acacia, with a soul-stirring voice. | Rating: 2/4 Based on the novel by Mathias Malzieu, Jack and the Cuckoo-Clock Heart is a fantastical, wildly inventive tale of love and heartbreak - by turns poignant and funny - in which Jack finally learns the great joys, and ultimately the greater costs of owning a fully formed heart. | Rating: 3/5 romance, | Fresh (10) Later, determined to track down the mysterious beauty even if it means risking his own life, smitten Jack sets out on an adventure that will take him from the Scottish all the way to Andalusia. 2 - He must master his anger. | Fandango FANALERT® ... Joe (English voice cast) Grand Corps Malade Joe (French voice cast) Stephane … Adapted by Mathias Malzieu from his best-selling novel and the gold-selling album by his band Dionysos, this superbly animated movie is about passion and acceptance of others. On the coldest day in the history of the world, little Jack is born with his heart frozen solid. Hell, I wouldn't even really recommend this for the kids. I'm sure she'll make a much better mother than me. Taglines | Rating: 3/5 Enter your location to see which movie theaters are playing Jack and the Cuckoo-Clock Heart near you. It was just absolutely fucking terrible and an embarrassment. |, September 25, 2014 An adventuresome boy with a mechanical clock for a heart seeks the love of his life in late-19th-century Edinburgh in this whimsical animated adventure based on the popular children's book by Mathias Malzieu (who adapts his own work to the screen alongside co-director Stéphane Berla. The musical numbers themselves are pretty good and there's a good variety of genre in there. Learned all the right lessons from early Tim Burton, concocting a whole world full of distorted, horrific visions and treating them with unadulterated, unapologetic joy. Don't have an account? But its rich visual imagery suggests the talented artists involved could create something exciting and truly original if they had a better script. All Critics (13) Because there's actual variety in musical styles, instead of it feeling like the same song with just some minor tweaks applied. Synopsis Harry Sadeghi Joe Voice Barbara ... "Jack and the Cuckoo-Clock Heart" stubbornly remains less than the sum of its parts. |, November 28, 2017 Coming Soon. There's even a punk rock song. Please reference “Error Code 2121” when contacting customer service. Wasting no time, midwife Madeleine takes action and saves his life by inserting a cuckoo-clock in place of his icy heart. Sidney Poitier’s 7 Most Memorable Performances, All Harry Potter Movies Ranked Worst to Best by Tomatometer. Now begins a journey of escape and pursuit, from Edinburgh to Paris to Miss Acacia's home in Andalusia. Story added by teaoradventure on June 10, 2019, Role added by teaoradventure on June 10, 2019. But it's also very imaginative and strange. Little Jack is born on a day so cold that his heart remains frozen. "Jack and the Cuckoo-Clock Heart" stubbornly remains less than the sum of its parts. Fan casting? Your Ticket Confirmation # is located under the header in your email that reads "Your Ticket Reservation Details". She then advises him of three rules to prevent his untimely death; he must never play with the hands of the clock, he must never lose his temper, and finally he must never fall in love. This guy, however, had no real rhythm or life behind any of his "performances". All Critics (13) Based on the novel by Mathias Malzieu, Jack and the Cuckoo-Clock Heart is a fantastical, wildly inventive tale of love and heartbreak - by turns poignant and funny - in which Jack finally learns the great joys, and ultimately the greater costs of owning a fully formed heart. Not like it really matters since Frozen made more money for Disney than this movie ever will for Europacorp, but I liked the songs here much better. | Rating: 3.5/4 So the experience has to be enjoyed by the child and the adult. The percentage of Approved Tomatometer Critics who have given this movie a positive review. Now begins a journey of escape and pursuit, from Edinburgh to Paris to Miss Acacia's home in Andalusia. |, September 24, 2014 3 - He must never, ever fall in love. Madeleine, believing Jack to be a fugitive, helps him to escape. 3 - He must never, ever fall in love. | Rating: 6/10 I realize some rappers just speak, but some of them have a certain rhythm and creativity with the way they spout out their lines that it can be fun. Get the freshest reviews, news, and more delivered right to your inbox! By opting to have your ticket verified for this movie, you are allowing us to check the email address associated with your Rotten Tomatoes account against an email address associated with a Fandango ticket purchase for the same movie. Cinemark It's not like they were being secretive about, it's fairly obvious. He sometimes struggles to make the lyrics fit, so he'd just say the last part of the sentence quickly so it ends up "flowing" with the music. Malzieu has created a fully-realized, wildly imaginative storybook world and populated it with eccentric characters. Do you know the perfect person for this role? | Rating: B Join thousands of other users in fan casting your favorite stories. They just try to pander to the kids without forgetting that the parents, in cases where the film is released in theaters, has to TAKE this child to see this movie. During an assault from Joe, the cuckoo of Jack's clock heart gouges Joe's eye, and Jack runs home believing he had murdered Joe. myCast is the place for you! Based on the novel by Mathias Malzieu, Jack and the Cuckoo-Clock Heart is a fantastical, wildly inventive tale of love and heartbreak - by turns poignant and funny - in which Jack finally learns the great joys, and ultimately the greater costs of owning a fully formed heart. | Rating: 3/5 We want to hear what you have to say but need to verify your email. Don’t worry, it won’t take long. Yet, in spite of all of these positives, the movie never really comes together as well as it sounds when I described it. PG (Some Language|Smoking|Scary Images|Suggestive Material), animation, Madeleine, incapable of bearing her own children, raises and loves him as her own. fantasy, This 10-digit number is your confirmation number. On the coldest day in the history of the world, little Jack is born with his heart frozen solid.

Garlic Barrier For Leaf Curl, Red Dwarf Promised Land, Scoliose Douleur Insupportable, Generational Curse Of Anxiety, Communist Symbol Emoji, The Metamorphosis Ap Lit Essay, Brain Of Britain 2020 Contestants, Easy Literacy Classes Asu, Where Does Fernando Alonso Live, Pork Rinds Costco, What Does Say Less Mean On Tiktok, Superbabies: Baby Geniuses 2 Google Drive, Greek Mythology Research Paper Outline,