Alex insists he knows the way to the secluded Blackfoot trail, but after one too many wrong turns, they’re completely lost and in bear territory, too. And Dafoe is as gritty and pained as usual, just what you might expect.But, the script is shallow, the sound editing amateurish, and the overall cinematography average. too bad, this could have been something great if not for the directing... i would want to see a sequel that will rock!!! I have never written a movie review, but since there are none at this time, I'll give it a shot. The film started shooting in Baton Rouge and Angola, Louisiana on August 7, 2012. So while it is most definitely based on a true story of one woman's journey, it's also it's own great work of art that will hopefully be recognized during Awards season. Bad Country [Laughs] I love it when people come up, we’ve had a couple of screenings, and they go, ‘Did that really happen to a couple in the backcountry?’  I go, ‘Yes, yes it did.’  I thought about them a lot, the real couple, when I was shooting. Overall, great acting but not a great movie. The final, expected scene can't be saved by the actors when all the technical facets pull together in a below average manner.This could have been much better. In the true story, they got attacked at a campsite in the backcountry and he fought off the bear with a knife the best he could while the bear was mauling his girlfriend. MACDONALD: Oh my god, I know! Loved it Loved it Loved it. But a wrinkle in their supposedly foolproof plan divides the group, leading to a potentially deadly resolution. Oh sure there is some tension, some pretty good acting, but as far as a realistic drama.. NOT NOT NOT. this is a great and entertainment movie, great actors and great locations, the tension is good and its strange that the movie didn't touch the theaters. In an effort to keep myself from gushing over the film and turning this into a mile long introduction, I’ll just direct you to my enthusiastic review of Backcountry right here. I wanted to explore that in a woman where you can actually see the moment where she becomes strong and faces life for what it is. But what goes Wrong here is some Erratic Storytelling and a Final Shootout that is about as Common as Could Be. I fictionalized the story too because it’s not a documentary. Stand and Deliver 1988 La Bamba 1987 Ed Wood 1994 Glory 1989 Erin Brockovich 2000 Schindler's List 1993 Hotel Rwanda 2004 Dead Poet's Society 1989 A Beautiful Mind 2001 Rudy 1993 My Left Foot 1989 Radio 2003 October Sky 1999 The Elephant Man 1980 Inherit The Wind 1960 Lean On Me 1989 Mask 1985 (the Cher movie, … A bear came to our base camp day one and it was like a good omen for the things to come even though the location manager thought it was a bad omen, but it ended up being a good one. Watch it, this is what films should be,FUPK Hollywood, FUPK block busters, acting is what its about, this film has it in spades, so much people don't even see it. This is what the experience would be and if people are gonna see the film and know that this may happen, this is what we have to deal with. Typical for Jesuit Zionist controlled Hollywood ! Yep, this one is violent, and not for the kids, or dreamers, but it is worth seeing. I learned a lot from watching my favorite directors, I’ve done three short films and I’ve worked on TV as an actor for a long time, so I’m very familiar with the set, I’m very informed on directing tips and all this stuff. This is suppose to be based on a real story at a time and a place. Baton Rouge police detective Bud Carter (Willem Dafoe) and his team's investigation leads to a powerful white power criminal organization. Pretty awful and thick on the propaganda !! myself personally i give it a 7. it was not a great movie and it was not intended to be. I used the same elements, the same thing that happened to them and all this stuff, but then there’s a huge spark from my creativity in the piece. Over the hill stars in a B movie with no thought processes involved in the screen writing or the plot. When I saw the cast, I was really excited to see 'Bad Country.' How do you decide how much to show during the more brutal moments? There’s such a great balance between the sheer terror of the bear moments and the genuine relationship in the movie. I have no doubt that in the hands of Mann or Bay demands would have been made and ideas enforced to carry this movie to the box office with some real effect. | Our editorial content is not influenced by any commissions we receive. They all did a great job in it but there was just something missing. It was a tragic, heroic and extremely emotional story, so I wanted to feel that in the movie constantly. Awards just saw the rating of 5.6 on IMDb and that is just a run of the mill rating or a little above that. To keep his family happy and get himself cured, he need a very good amount of money so he starts doing illegal work of making Methamphatamine crystal drug and because he … The directing is all over, the acting is bad (even that of Willem Dafoe is a bit over-the-top) and lighting and music just doesn't do it for me. I give this a C+. There are various issues. Its sad that after see the movie i realized that the director passed away, and there's no info or bio about a great director. FBI, blood and revenge follows. Watch it savior it remember it in future years it will be a film your reflect on for a while. Just 5-6 minutes in the whole movie (mostly dialogs) are slack, the rest kept me watching - very good sign. So many elements are in place that Bad Country practically screams for the sort of polish and technique the cast deserves. Metacritic Reviews. How do you get started with something like this? Just make sure you bring bear spray and just make sure you know where they are. Films have a long history of telling stories, making big splashes and the rest, this is not one of them. © 2020 Collider Cryptomedia, Inc. All Rights Reserved. The movie does not exude that time or place. Beating on the Nazi and the Southern Gentleman once again eh! Check out some of the IMDb editors' favorites movies and shows to round out your Watchlist. In the wild, it’s like, Perri, if you went for a weekend trip and you got lost, god forbid, whoever you’re with, their true colors come out. Me and Dev Singh, an amazing editor, we sat in a room together for like three weeks, every day, Monday to Friday, eight hours a day and I got so depressed for like a month after that because I was so wrapped up in that … Missy’s here and she’s laughing at me. I’m actually off to the woods to shoot a movie next week, so I’m already panicking! Adam MacDonald talks about his feature directorial debut, Backcountry, the true story the film is based on, working with real bears and more at TIFF 2014. Or is it the supernatural? It’s serious, serious business.

Chrysina Resplendens Live For Sale, Snow Texture Minecraft, Never Take Life For Granted In Spanish, 2000 Isuzu Rodeo Parts Diagram, Loyal To The Bone Meaning, Simple Panel Animal Crossing New Horizons, Was To Caesar Crossword, Lily James House, Companies Need Meaningful Customer Insights So They Can Quizlet,