It would be unfair to suggest Celtic's talented sides of the 21st century have relied solely on their adoring public but even Henrik Larsson admitted the Parkhead crescendo was a leveller. ", "The atmosphere here tonight was unbelievable and it's an honour to play in such an arena. When we played at Celtic Park for Bayern in the Champions League it was unbelievable and I think all our players said the same thing afterwards. Players are used to playing in hostile grounds all over the world, but I can tell you that there is nothing to compare with Celtic Park.” Lou Macari, The Celtic Star founder and editor, who has edited numerous Celtic books over the past decade or so including several from Lisbon Lions, Willie Wallace, Tommy Gemmell and Jim Craig. Rangers have me and Wet Wet Wet!! THE Hoops are set to host Manchester City on Wednesday and some of the world's best players have been blown away with the Champions League atmosphere in Glasgow. Everything you’ve heard about Celtic Park is true. Sometimes they’ll include recommendations for other related newsletters or services we offer. Long Covid leaves Scots runner 'struggling to walk' after catching coronavirus eight months ago. Sick thugs post lit fireworks through letter boxes and fire them at homes in Paisley, There have been four separate reports of the explosives been aimed at homes this week, Family of missing Scot Corrie McKeague win fight for inquest into his death. Scots dog owner hails £3.99 product to keep pet calm on Bonfire Night. It was amazing, I loved it. There was not one bit of trouble as all the fans that had no tickets stayed in the square and had a big party. Stephanie Gorton decided to give up her life in Perth, Australia, for love and was due to move to Scotland. Scottish independence poll puts Yes ahead and widens gap with No voters, The survey shows a 54-46 split, and majority support for the SNP, Little Scots boy with cancer who got a Scott Brown 'Broony' cut delighted as hair start to grow back after treatment. When we played at Celtic Park for Bayern in the Champions League it was unbelievable and I think all our players said the same thing afterwards. Scots family 'living a nightmare' offer £1k reward for answers over chef's tragic death. I’ve played in lots of big games and stadiums but I’ve never witnessed fans making that much noise in 90 minutes. Celtic Park was ten times noisier than it was in the Maksimir for Serbia versus Croatia.” Nikola Djurdjic, “Celtic enjoys a greater community spirit than any other club in the world.” Archie Macpherson, “Football will survive because of teams like Celtic and its fans.” Age Hareide, “This is what we need in Italy, this type of environment. Paolo Maldini (Italian football legend). ", "I’ve been fortunate to play in some great stadiums in Europe with Barcelona but none compare to Celtic. I did not hear what my teammates said if they called me because it was such a beautiful and awesome atmosphere. Alana Clark said that her beloved pup Lexie was 'shaking uncontrollably' during Bonfire Night last year. Read all the latest Celtic news at http://www.celticnewsnow.com. ", “I’m like a kid, 18 at Celtic, and I’m listening to all this atmosphere and I’m thinking: 'I just want to stay here I don’t want to go back in the changing room. The Celtic fans made an impression on me because there were more of them than Bolton supporters at that game. ", "Every professional footballer should seek to play at least one game at Celtic Park. The atmosphere their fans create make it a very special European night of football. MANCHESTER CITY stars John Stones and Fernandinho have lauded the atmosphere at Celtic Park before even setting foot inside the famous stadium. The Colombian continued his fine European record with another goal. We're 'obsessed with Celtic' - just like you! But many regard the famous old ground in Glasgow's east end as the beautiful game's ultimate amphitheatre. Easy 4-2, 1979 when Ten Men Won the League. Our. ", Cristiano Ronaldo (Manchester United) 2008, "The Celtic fans are incredible. The pundit and former Liverpool star has revealed his tips ahead of Thursday's clashes. Gladbach finished fourth confirming their place in Europe’s top competition and Hoffman is already looking forward to the draw. It is always great to play there.”Cristiano Ronaldo, “Celtic, like Barcelona, are more than a football club. Dramatic pictures show dog being rescued after falling off Scots cliff. It’s a stadium with a particular atmosphere you want to experience as a player.”, "When I signed for Bolton they presented me to the crowd before the Jimmy Phillips testimonial. I have never seen anything like that before.” Lionel Messi, “The Celtic fans are incredible. I just remember the sea of green and white. Fans follow the team to the corners of the Earth, befriending people they meet and converting even more supporters to the Glasgow Celtic Way. I've played in lots of big games and stadiums but I've never witnessed fans making that much noise in 90 minutes. As reported by the Scottish Sun, Hoffman admitted that he is hoping that a return to Celtic Park is on the cards, four years after Gladbach won 2-0 against Brendan Rodgers’ side. It is always great to play there. How Celtic's Covid treatment compares after Neil Lennon's Rangers response fury. The grounds of Liverpool and Manchester United are good and the hostile feeling of playing against Real Madrid in the Bernabeu is also excellent, but the atmosphere against Celtic was the best.". It was a breathtaking atmosphere and we won 2-0 – an amazing experience. But surely a rowdy fanbase can't put the best players in the world off their stride? Motorsport community unites to support badly injured Scots racer Colin Turner. Willie Maley, “The best fans on the continent” Furious mum says Primark trousers got daughter excluded from school. They have been amazing in both games we have played against them recently. They love Celtic. They want to go to Celtic Park because of the type of club they are.” Michael Platini, “I speak for everyone when I describe the behaviour of the Celtic supporters as immaculate, with all the bother concerning racial insults and hooligan behaviour, these fans were a breath of fresh air.” Barcelona Police, “In my experience, which embraces big matches at Old Trafford, Anfield, Ibrox, the San Siro & the Nou Camp, there’s nowhere else remotely like Celtic Park in full flow.” Brian Viner, “It will be a real pleasure to visit Celtic Park and feel the atmosphere of a great UEFA Champions League night at such a great venue. Join thousands of fans who have signed up to our Celtic newsletter. Follow AzQuotes on Facebook, Twitter and Google+. It is always great to play there. The noise is unbelievable and it’s constant, from the moment the opposition players walk on the pitch they will not get a moment’s peace until the final whistle. 9 Celtic Park - (Celtic FC) Our clubs are a symbol of a culture and community that has not always been made welcome in their respective countries” and also “The atmosphere generated by the fans in Celtic’s stadium for our visit was the most impressive I’ve ever witnessed. Throughout the night we felt goosebumps. ", When you subscribe we will use the information you provide to send you these newsletters. "It’s probably the best I have seen on the pitch.”, "The Celtic fans are incredible. Franz Beckenbaur (German football legend), “The atmosphere inside Celtic Park is one of the best in Europe it’s absolutely incredible” "Celtic are popular for testimonials because everyone knows they will fill the stadium - and I've always had great admiration of them. ( Log Out /  Police release CCTV in hunt for evil dog-snatchers who stole tiny pup after attacking owner in Edinburgh. ", "The Celtic fans are amazing in the way they get behind their team. I’ve never seen such emotional people. ", "It's up there with Madrid and Camp Nou. The Celtic Star is the independent Celtic Supporters site. I’ve played in lots of big games and stadiums but I’ve never witnessed fans making that much noise in 90 minutes. My father took me to my first game against Dunfermline in 1962. The Irish flag flew then, as it does now over Parkhead, and I thought I was at home.” George Galloway, “I can’t think of fans creating a better atmosphere, anywhere, than those at Celtic Park.” Alan Green, “I have got a friendly, good perception of Glasgow Celtic, now they are my second team.

Fun Netball Drills, Selling The Mouse Slang, Red Komodo Pre Order, Gucci Havana Metal Sunglasses, Anime Merch Clothing, Con Fide Cooking, Walgreens Pokemon Cards Tin,