The lawsuit against Apollo Education Group Inc. was filed in the U.S. District Court for the District of Arizona on behalf of investors who purchased shares in the company during the class period from June 26, 2013 through Oct. 21, 2015, according to a press release. This is a moderated blog; we review all comments before they are posted. Like the FTC on Facebook, follow us on Twitter, read our blogs, and subscribe to press releases for the latest FTC news and resources. The settlement requires UOP to pay $50 million to the Commission, which will be used for consumer redress, and to cancel approximately $141 million in debts owed to UOP by former students who first enrolled during the time period consumers were likely exposed to UOP’s deceptive advertising. We will publish details about the FTC refund process on www.consumer.ftc.gov when it's available. I got a call and was extremely dismissive because I thought it was a scam. We expect participants to treat each other and the bloggers with respect. The Commission vote authorizing the staff to file the complaint and stipulated final order was 4-0-1, with Commissioner Christine S. Wilson recused. Borrowers looking to lower their monthly payments on federal loans can obtain free information from the United States Department of Education about income-driven repayment plans, and those who believe they have been defrauded or deceived can apply for loan forgiveness through the Borrower Defense to Repayment procedures. The lawsuit seeks to recover damages for Apollo Education Group investors under the federal … Under the settlement, the University of Phoenix will cancel $141 million in debts certain former students owe to the school. The FTC says that University of Phoenix used a multi-media ad campaign to attract students, including ads specifically targeted to military and Hispanic consumers. info@ApolloEducationGroupSecuritiesLitigation.com. The University will cancel debts owed directly to the school whether they were charged as fees or some other kind of charge. You can get important information about any school at the U.S. Department of Education’s College Navigator. FTC? The organization was founded in an effort to offer a college education to adults working full-time in addition to younger … Please sign up here like to get email updates from the FTC about this settlement. I enrolled in a Business Management Degree course in 2008 and graduated in 2010 . What happens in the event a students account is not identified but the student can show time of attendance? Apollo Education Group Securities Litigation. They lied to every student when they said our credits would be accepted at other schools as well, because other school barely accept them, and do not even see UOP as a school. NOTICE OF PENDENCY OF CLASS ACTION: Please be advised that your rights may be affected by the above-captioned securities class action (the “Action”) pending in the United States District Court for the District of Arizona (the “Court”), if, during the period from November 13, 2013 through October 21, 2015, inclusive (the “Class Period”), you purchased or otherwise acquired the Class A common stock of Apollo Education Group, Inc. (“Apollo”) (NASDAQ ticker symbol APOL), and were damaged thereby. I attended during this time and we should all be refunded in total no matter what type of loan we had. Any help is much appreciated, thank you. What if you took out a federal student loan? The Federal Student Aid Office of the US Department of Education has information about repaying student loans at www.StudentLoans.gov. It’s clear that the loan itself will not be affected, but will the student be eligible to receive funds to then repay the loan? Will the student be able to provide that information, so he or she can be included in this? I enrolled during these time frames and took out fed loans I’m order to pay for my classes so I’m hoping that I will get my fed loans paid off due to UOP misleading people to enroll. I wasn't a victim of this particular advertising but I was told they had career services and all but guaranteed on paper that they helped students get jobs. I attended Phoenix from 2011 and graduated in 2015 I i didn't get a job as promised and ended up with debt and paid money to the school I was having personal crises and ended. Any idea what enrollment years we are talking about on the loan forgiveness? Same with me. Please read the Notice carefully. Since this website is just a summary, you should review the Notice for additional details. Claim Filing Deadline. Am I going to get my money back now? check your email. We may edit comments to remove links to commercial websites or personal information before posting them. Commissioners Rohit Chopra and Rebecca Kelly Slaughter each issued separate statements. The information contained on this web page is only a summary of information presented in more detail in the Notice of They don't have just deceptive advertising an promises, the online education is a joke and I fully believe it triggered my medical issues. I remember the advertisements and I fell victim to their false information. University of Phoenix will send a notice to each person whose debt to the school is being cancelled. My degree from the University of Phoenix is a joke. I hope that our story has merit on what we speak. Rosen Law Firm, a global investor rights law firm, announces the filing of a class action lawsuit on behalf of purchasers Apollo Education Group, Inc. securities (NASDAQ: APOL) from June 26, 2013 through October 21, 2015, all dates inclusive (the “Class Period”). Search online for the school’s name plus words like “review,” “complaint” or “scam.”. In fact, the FTC says that’s just what one for-profit university did as part of an extensive advertising campaign. Our site uses tracking technologies to tailor your experience and understand how you and other visitors use our site. I would like to communicate directly with the FTC because I do not think the information I gave was accurate. Stipulated final orders have the force of law when approved and signed by the District Court judge. Like many, I was spoon fed the load of garbage regarding professional connections, reasonable tuition, and career opportunities once I obtained a degree. I want all of my money back. The FTC alleged that UOP and Apollo relied heavily on advertising to attract students, including specific ads that targeted military and Hispanic consumers. Comments submitted to this blog become part of the public domain. The proposed order prohibits the companies from further deceptive business practices. The companies’ “Let’s Get to Work” campaign featured several high-profile employers, including Microsoft, Twitter, Adobe, and Yahoo!, giving the false impression that UOP worked with those companies to create job opportunities for its students. I fought it for years and finally just paid the debt because it was effecting my credit. Before enrolling in school, it’s important to do your homework. Because it was only one course, we were not considered full time students and were not qualified for financial aid to cover that last course. Under the settlement unanimously … The University of Phoenix (UOP) and its parent company, Apollo Education Group, will settle for a record $191 million to resolve Federal Trade Commission charges that they used deceptive advertisements that falsely touted their relationships and job opportunities with companies such as AT&T, Yahoo!, Microsoft, Twitter, and The American Red Cross. Men and women like her are going to end up thousands of dollars in debt for a degree that isn't worth the paper it's written on. It would be good to have that shark student loan forgiven especially that I never use my “education”. I need to know what I need to do to make sure I am covered in this because I can not afford to pay what they are asking and I have 3 children to feed and bills that take up my income. The cost of their classes are way over and above what would be considered fair in comparison to most other Universities, and the student never sees the difference between the Fedloan amount and the class costs The school keeps all extra monies, making sure their charges conveniently balance out the loan distribution. We expect participants to treat each other and the bloggers with respect. If you have questions, you may call the Apollo Education Group Securities Litigation Help Line at (866) 778-9625 or info@ApolloEducationGroupSecuritiesLitigation.com. NOTICE OF SETTLEMENT: Please also be advised that the Court-appointed Lead Plaintiff, Government of Guam Retirement Fund (“Lead Plaintiff”), on behalf of itself and the Settlement Class (as defined in ¶ 26 of the Notice), has reached a settlement of the Action for $7,400,000 in cash that resolves all claims in the Action (the “Settlement”). Had I known what I know now I would have made different decisions when going to school but now I'm scared that even when I do finish my Masters program and decide to start my Doctorate program that I will have no credibility in my field because of this. For example, if you enter a school’s name, you can find out if it’s public or private, for-profit or non-profit, its accreditation status, and its student loan default rates. It took a year or so probably to get anything, and only because I was friends with a manager. I am currently $54,657 in debt due to the school opening up 15 loans in my name. Over the past decade, millions of Americans have fallen pretty to UOP’s excellent advertising campaigns and signed up for their higher education courses, burying themselves in massive student loan debt, but that’s all about to change now thanks to a massive lawsuit against UOP’s parent company, the Apollo Education Group. Claim Forms must be postmarked no later than July 19, 2019 to be eligible for a payment from the Settlement. NOTE: The Commission files a complaint when it has “reason to believe” that the named defendants are violating or are about to violate the law and it appears to the Commission that a proceeding is in the public interest. The complaint and stipulated final order will be filed in the U.S. District Court for the District of Arizona. Fortunately (and also sadly), I was taken aside by several instructors who advised me that graduating from a more reputable school would be in my best interest. This official website is maintained by the Claims Administrator supervised by Lead Counsel in the action entitled. (I) Pendency of Class Action and Proposed Settlement; (II) Settlement Fairness Hearing; and (III) Motion for an Award of Attorneys’ Fees and Reimbursement of Litigation Expenses (the “Notice”), which you can access by clicking here. They behaved like telemarketers working in sales, for multiple years.

Reflective Reading Ppt, 2017 Hyundai Tucson Transmission Recall, Conjugate Overhead Press, Little Ochie Alligator Pond Jamaica, 2015 Audi S4 Interior, Sfo To Bora Bora Flight Time, Illustrator Gradient Tool, Bars In Auli,