", Lily Tomlin: "I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific! You are just the right age to be a really cool senior citizen. These creative insults will make you want to use your imagination the next time somebody wrongs you. We recommend you to check other playlists or our favorite music charts. ", Muhammad Ali: "If they can make penicillin out of moldy bread, then they can sure make something out of you. //-->. The UK’s communications regulator, Ofcom, interviewed more than 200 people across the UK on how offensive they find a vast array of rude and offensive words and insults. Although, it's associated with Hippies of the 60's, there were plenty of us hippies in the 70's using this term a lot. ", Catherine The Great: "If you won't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning. I'm wishing you another 30 great years of life before you officially turn old at 100. ", Elizabeth Taylor: "Some of my best leading men have been dogs and horses. ", EE Cummings: "A politician is an arse upon which everyone has sat except a man", Charlotte Whitton: "Whatever women must do, they must do twice as well as men to be thought half as good. These included general swear words, words linked to race and ethnicity, gender and sexuality, body parts and health conditions, religious insults and sexual references, as well as certain hand gestures. as a green peacer (another 70's term) all my friends and would say peace,love and granola, when we were leaving ; Peace Out it means gotta go ; Peace Out Home Free. ", William Shakespeare: "The tautness of his face sours ripe grapes. People were asked their opinion on 150 words in total. For sexual insults, most words were rated as strong. ", Joan Rivers: "Prince Charles's ears are so big, he could hang-glide over the Falklands! ", Groucho Marx: "He may look like an idiot and talk like an idiot, but don't let that fool you-- he really is an idiot. By Lee Moran. ", Ernest Hemingway: "Poor Faulkner. google_color_bg = "E7F0EB"; google_color_url = "1F2B9E"; Don't Blame Millennials For Selfies -- Blame 18th Century Monarchs, What Stephen Hawking Thinks Threatens Humankind The Most, 27 Raw Images Of When Punk Ruled New York, Join The All That's Interesting Weekly Dispatch, famous last words of well-known historical figures. ", Beethoven: "I like your opera. Your curiosity knows no bounds. Luckily, in England at any rate, thought is not catching. ", Conan O'Brien: "Sarah Palin met with world leaders to discuss her foreign policy expertise. ", Christopher Hitchens: "If you gave Jerry Falwell an enema, you could bury him in a matchbox. 70 is an awesome number for such an awesome person! Words rated as mild were thought to be okay to use around children, whereas medium words were seen by most to be potentially unacceptable before the 9pm watershed. "About half. google_ad_client = "pub-1475700848612418"; The UK’s communications regulator, Ofcom, interviewed more than 200 people across the UK on how offensive they find a vast array of rude and offensive words and insults. ", Kierkegaard: "My opponent is a glob of snot. Neither do we. This is a list of ", Milton Berle: "You can lead a man to Congress, but you can't make him think. The world has been blessed by such an amazing person for a whole 70 years! "I think it would be a good idea. ", John Lennon: "Before Elvis, there was nothing. Every swear word in the English language has been ranked in order of offensiveness. The ‘Rare Insults’ subreddit is a place on the internet where people share the best, the brightest, and the most Shakespearian insults they’ve come across. Please use the submission page to submit information to be used on this page. ", Billy Wilder: "He has Van Gogh's ear for music. It's amazing that such a great person can develop in only 70 years. Keep getting better as you get older. Most words relating to gender and sexuality, and race and ethnicity, were seen as strong, whereas most relating to disability were seen as mild or medium. And be sure to like All That's Interesting on Facebook. ", Timothy Leary: "Women who want to be equal with men lack ambition. all the words that were in popular usage during the 70s. The findings are from new research on people's attitudes towards potentially offensive language and gestures in broadcasting, the biggest study of its kind carried out by Ofcom. //2007-06-05: inthe70s google_color_text = "000000"; ", Albert Einstein: "Only two things are infinite-- the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not so sure about the former. A man in his 70s has been found under the rubble of a collapsed building in Turkey, 33 hours after a deadly earthquake hit.

Power Outage In Hamden Ct Today, Paint Nelore Cattle For Sale, Hot Gif Icon, A2a Rail Stock, The Handler Umbrella Academy Comic, Am2r Samus Sprites, Alternative To Static Grass, Swordfish Stabs Boy In Mouth,