As of right now, they still have my vehicle as I'm driving a rental car. CarComplaints.com ® is an online automotive complaint resource that uses graphs to show automotive defect patterns, based on complaint data submitted by visitors to the site. The repairs will be part of the recall, the letter stated. The fact that their service department knows exactly whats going on (they have 56 loaner cars for customers with repairs, and all 56 vehicles were already given out when I had my problem) is ridiculous, and it says alot that they still refuse to admit they designed a garbage engine. At that time, they replaced the oil cooler asy. This engine is faulty and could cause a fire if the problem continues to remain. Look online and all I see is 2018 and 2019 Ford Escape 1. Tf. Engine light came on and was taken directly to a Ford dealership to diagnose the issue. Experts say a healthy engine should not leak or consume coolant, which is often called anti-freeze and is circulated through the engine to regulate the temperature. After days of teardown the dealership said I needed a new engine due to a coolant leak into the #2 cylinder caused major damage beyond economical repair per their checklist. This repair is covered under my warranty, so my complaint isn't because this is taking too long to get my car back. After receiving the vehicle back and only driving about 300 miles, the same issue happened and the check engine light came back on. It is now sept. 24th and I still do not have my car. They stated they don't have any loaner cars to give out. 2 days later it was empty. Check engine light was on. This time they replaced the head gasket on one side only. Coolant is leaking into the cylinders of this 1. It is so much of a problem that my vehicle has been with the dealer for 3 months because the parts are on backorder and I still don't have a timetable of when I can expect the repairs to be done. We’re talking Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond and James May, the former “Top Gear” hosts who’ve just launched season two of their new automotive show, "The Grand Tour" on Amazon Prime. Ford says it will repair any coolant leaks that might be found in more than 200,000 recalled vehicles that are at risk of catching fire. In March, the automaker announced that it would recall the cars, SUVs and vans because their 1.6-liter turbocharged engines can overheat if coolant gets low, causing the cylinder head to crack and spew oil. This can cause pressurized oil leaks that can result in engine compartment fires. They said there is a problem with coolant leaking into the pistons. They'll also replace the coolant reservoir tank and cap if needed, reprogram control software and update messages that are sent to the dashboard. Dealership was backlogged with engine repairs on Ford Escapes from various model years. On 6/18/19 with 30700 miles, it was back in for the same issue and deemed unsafe to drive. 2018 Ford Escape with around 10,000 miles started having engine trouble while driving on the highway. I immediately called the company to return the vehicle for inspection. My coolant is backing up into my engine. For more information on how we collect and use this information, please review our Privacy Policy. How does yours stack up? Also when it overheated we checked the coolant, the resevor was empty. We use cookies to analyze & improve your experience, & to personalize content and ads. after one month of waiting, I called Ford motor CO and reported a claim. At between 18000 and 19000 miles car developed coolant leak and has been at the riverside dealership since 9/13/19 and unknown time to get replacement parts and new engine from Ford. 15 problems related to coolant leaking have been reported for the 2018 Ford Escape. Case in point I was going 70mph when it overheated and it decelerated to 20mph in less than 10 seconds and couldn't accelerate to get out of the other cars way going 70 plus mph swerving around me to pull over and almost got into a crash on the 4 lane freeway not good. Add almost one gallon of premix coolant. Twenty minutes later check engine light come on. The automaker is sending dealers information in January 2018 concerning when they can order parts and receive repair instructions to fix Fusion and Transit Connect vehicles. After receiving the vehicle back and driving it for about 1,500 miles, the same issue happened and the check engine light came on again. After further research online, I've discovered that many people are experiencing the same issues: coolant leaking into the engine and it having to be replaced. 5 turbo coolant leak engine failure. I have lost all confidence in the vehicle to stay drivable and safe to drive for more than a few months. When I was told I needed a new engine, I was told this was a known problem with the engine. Ford corporate has been no help in resolving this or providing useful solutions and answers. Overheating, engine damage, smoke from the exhaust pipe, the constant need to replenish coolant, and engine fires. Had the code checked. The dealership tried to get a shot block engine but went backorder none available in the system due to the high demand for this engine. Had to get Ford to approve a long block they could get locally. Took back to the dealership for repair. CarComplaints.com has owner-reported complaints about the Ford vehicles named in the coolant leak recall: Have a car complaint to add? At the time of the March 2017 recall announcement, Ford had recorded 29 such fires but no reported injuries. More: U.S. auto sales record streak likely snapped in 2017, More: These were the 5 hottest-selling new vehicles of 2017, More: Federal regulator examining Ford transmission recall involving F-150 pickups, NHTSA said in a December statement that it "has been in touch with Ford throughout the recall process and the remedy includes hardware and software updates. They did a coolant pressure system test and replaced a spark plug. In June of 2019, the check engine light came on. I take my car in for work every 3 months. The vehicles can overheat and catch on fire because a lack of coolant causes the cylinder heads to overheat and the heads to crack. They will need my car for a minimum of 3 weeks. Almost stalled. Engine replaced once, now leaking again. January 4, 2018 — The contact even smelled antifreeze when she was driving. Tl-the contact owns a 2018 Ford Escape. Recurrent problems with coolant leaking. I see from others this is a known problem on this new vehicle with 1 in 5 engines needing full engine replacement at the 5000-7000 miles mark.

Message D'au Revoir Professionnel Humoristique, Pirate Horse Names, Chameleon Mister Or Dripper, Zuko And Katara Kiss Episode, Big Brother Reddit, Ancient Greek Hairstyles Male, Persian Cat Stud Service, Why Did Maggie Leave The Ranch Season 2, Is The Evictors Based On A True Story, Nando's Sauce Spice Levels,